Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Messina, Hart School Board Prez, to Seek 2nd Term

joemessinamug[Messina Campaign] - Businessman, radio talk show host and education advocate Joe Messina announced today he will seek re-election Nov. 5 to the Governing Board of the William S. Hart Union High School District.


“I believe we’ve made tremendous progress toward the goals I set when I was first elected nearly four years ago, and I am excited to continue the work that must be done to provide our children a brighter future,” said Messina, founder of the Wildcat Group of technology-oriented businesses and host of the nationally syndicated radio commentary show, “The Real Side.”


In seeking a second term, Messina is focusing on several key issues, including:


* Career technical education.


* Completing construction of a safe, state-of-the-art Castaic High School.


* Expanding the “Hart to Home” homeschooling program.


When he was elected in 2009, Messina promised to improve career tech education opportunities, ensure transparency in the board’s decision-making, and be a driving force in the effort to build a high school serving Castaic.


“I’ve kept those promises and added a few new goals along the way,” Messina said. “For example, Castaic High School was a dream four years ago, and we’ve made it a reality, having officially broken ground on the school site this past May.”


He added: “I promised to be transparent and open in all endeavors relating to the Hart board, and many times I have been the first trustee to make sure local media have had the information they needed to keep the public informed about happenings at the board level. I’ve also maintained a personal trustee web site, providing parents information and a direct line of communication with me.”


Messina added he is proud of his re-election campaign’s early fundraising success: Within 10 days of reaching out to his past supporters, he had raised more than $5,000.


“Before I made the decision to run again, I asked myself a few questions,” Messina said. “Do I like what I’m doing? Yes, most of the time I do. It’s not all fun and games, but serving on the board is fulfilling. Can I continue to make a difference? Yes, I know I am making a positive impact on our kids and community. It’s all about the kids — they are our future, and I hope every decision I have made reflects that.”


Messina and his wife, Tammy, live in Saugus and have four children and three grandchildren. He is active with numerous local community groups and serves on several boards of directors.


Additional information about Joe Messina’s campaign for the Hart District Governing Board is available at www.joe4hart.com.


www.joe4hart.com



Messina, Hart School Board Prez, to Seek 2nd Term