Monday, September 2, 2013

Trevor Noble, Valencia High School

This week’s Wendy’s of Santa Clarita and SCVTV Student Athlete of the Week is Trevor Noble from Valencia. Trevor has a 3.8 GPA and scored an 1800 on his first attempt at the SAT and a 26 on the ACT. He is good in math, so therefore he is thinking of engineering as a career. But he is also interested in history, which makes for a curious avocation.


“Well the history of engineering I guess you could say,” Trevor said. “How past things have been developed and how we can change that for the future.”


Even though he may seem grounded, his thoughts are up in the air… literally.


“I actually want to fly planes,” the senior defensive back on the football team said. “My dad is in the air force right now, so that’s the road I’m looking at.”


Naturally a young man who wants to fly is thinking the Air Force Academy for college. When asked if he thought about the Naval Academy to possibly become a Naval Aviator, Trevor smiled.


“I have not looked at the Navy yet,” he said still smiling. “It would be a different road than (what my dad did).”


In addition to the Air Force Academy, Trevor is looking at Washington, UC Davis and Fresno State. But for Trevor, those other schools are minor possibilities compared to his dream of being in Colorado Springs.


“It is the No. 1 choice because I get to fly planes, travel the world and, obviously, you’re not paying anything to go there, which is terrific,” he said. “And it’s doing a job that I’d really love to do, and serving my country at the same time.”


It doesn’t matter if it’s fighter jets or cargo planes, as long as he gets to sit behind the stick.


“I do love Top Gun and fighter planes are a definite thing I’d love to fly, “Trevor said. “But cargo is just as nice. My dad flies cargo and he stays nice and safe on the sidelines.”


Congratulations to Trevor Noble of Valencia High School, the Wendy’s of Santa Clarita and SCVTV Student Athlete of the Week.



Trevor Noble, Valencia High School http://scvtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/studentathlete101212.jpg