Monday, September 2, 2013

Kevin Lee, Saugus High School

This week’s Wendy’s of Santa Clarita and SCVTV Student Athlete of the Week is Kevin Lee from Saugus. Kevin has a 4.28 GPA and scored 1960 on his first attempt at the SAT. All he needs to do is look in the mirror to see why he is working so hard in the classroom.


“I have to do it for myself,” said Kevin, a starting wide receiver on the Centurions football team. “It’s not just for my family. I mean, sure, I’ll satisfy them with the grades I get and the performance I do in sports, but I do it for me. It feels good inside when you succeed and after you’ve put in all that hard work that’s what you deserve.”


His eye is set on the Ivy League to follow in someone’s footsteps.


“My number one choice is Cornell because that’s where my sister went,” he said. “And because it’s the Ivy League and that’s like the top college education you can get in America.”


Kevin has yet to settle on a course of study, saying he’s thinking either business or engineering. But no matter what he decides, he knows he wants to be his own boss.


“I want to do something like (become an) entrepreneur,” Kevin said. “Innovating new ideas and business.”


And it’s all based on what was first an interest, that turned into a hobby, that turned into a business.


“I’ve been working on technology things… fixing broken electronics and re-selling them for a profit,” he said. “I broke my i-pod once and I didn’t want to send it in and pay a hundred dollars to fix it. So I just looked it up online how to fix it for like ten or fifteen dollars. And then my friends would ask me to look at their broken stuff or they wanted me to add new software to their electronics and they would just pay me a little fee and I would do that for them.”


Congratulations to Kevin Lee of Saugus High School, the Wendy’s of Santa Clarita and SCVTV Student Athlete of the Week.



Kevin Lee, Saugus High School http://scvtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/studentathlete091412.jpg